Following the COVID-19 Circuit Breaker, SACAC Counselling was exempted from closure. We continue to maintain a healthy working environment with the following measures:
- All staff and clients are required to undergo a temperature check upon entry to the building, as well as to each of our individual offices every day.
- All staff and clients are required to complete SafeEntry digital check-in when entering or exiting the individual offices, in order to facilitate contact tracing.
- We have segregated the team (clinicians, as well as support staff) across our three offices, and staggered working hours to reduce the risk of cross-infection.
- A very high standard of hygiene is being maintained; equipment, surfaces, and rooms are regularly disinfected, and staff is required to thoroughly wash hands between each session.
- Our staff is wearing masks (or face shields), and clients are requested to do the same.
- We are reducing the waiting time and number of people in our offices by encouraging clients to arrive at the time of their appointments and to make payments in advance. Additionally, we are requesting that, if required, clients bring only one caregiver to the waiting room.
- We have adapted our reception area to comply with social distancing requirements. This means that the chairs have been spaced out. Reading materials have been removed but tea and coffee are still available.
- We highly encourage you to consider online sessions for the time being. Please work with your clinician to determine the right mode of therapy given the current guidelines.
We thank you for your understanding and request your continued cooperation in maintaining a healthy working environment.